MAPPER realises the impossible.
In an international market worth billions and dominated by large players, MAPPER is a 250 person company building chip lithography machines.
By combining innovative solutions with effective engineering we are able to realise one of the most technically challenging machines in the world.
MAPPER started with an idea, then installed prototypes in Asia and Europe, and currently realising the first commercial systems.
To continue this rising line we have a vacancy for a:
Junior Experimental Physicist
• You will work in a team of engineers, software developers and physicists. The team develops one of the modules of the MAPPER litho tool which is called the Beam Switcher.
• You will solve issues related to the Beam Switcher, which needs to be assembled with extremely tight (~100 nm) mechanical tolerances.
• You will develop and maintain methods and tooling to assemble and verify the Beam Switcher
• This implies conducting many experiments to test the assembly methods and the tools and improve on them.
• In order to do so you will analyze the results of the measurements, compare these with the requirements, understand the mechanical effects at play and propose an improvement.
• You will implement improved methods and tools in all their details. This includes delivering procedures that are simple and reliable enough to be used for regular production.
• Together with your colleagues, you will develop the next generation of the Beam Switcher.
• You have a B.Eng. (HTS), B.Sc or M.Sc. (TU) degree in Physics / Mechanical engineering or related technical discipline.
• You work in an accurate way and like to finish the last details of a project.
• You know how to avoid complexity and you strive to achieve simple and straight-forward designs.
• You have experience in performing experiments in a reproducible way, and in analyzing and presenting the results.
• You understand high precision mechanical systems and can analyze them with a pragmatic and analytical mindset.
• Experience in a (pre-)production environment is an advantage.
• You are a team-player with excellent communication skills.
• Fluency in English is required.
What do we offer?
MAPPER is demanding of its employees in terms of involvement, initiative and responsibility. Our challenging requirements are balanced by flexibility and freedom. At MAPPER we appreciate the ideas of our people. We value intellect, innovation, creativity and content.
Is this the job you are looking for? Please inform us via the Apply button or contact us for more information.
Contact: Paul Verschoor (Recruiter).
Telephone: 0031 (0)15 8880 279
“JOIN THE TEAM THAT IS WRITING THE FUTURE”